Roman Numerals Lesson – The Modern Olympics
NB – The origins of the ‘thumbs down’ symbol is a myth you might like to research some time.
- The first modern Olympic games were held in Athens Greece in MDCCCXCVI.
- The games of the 16th Olympiad were held in Melbourne Australia in MCMLVI
- The Olympic Games were held in Rome in what year? (The myth of Romus & Remis will give you a clue)
- The games of the 14th Olympiad were held in London England in MCMXLVIII
Something to Think About:
- Why might organizers have used roman numerals to number the games when the original games were held in Ancient Greece?
Take me to the Roman Numbers Page