Roman Numerals Bingo
Includes 10 High Color Roman Numerals Bingo Boards
How to Play:
- Decide the pattern to be aimed for as the winning combination.
Possible Winning Patterns:
– Select a Roman Numeral to make the shape to win e.g. L, C, II
– First person to spell the word BINGO on any row.
– Spell BINGO on top row etc
– Each letter vertically
– First person to get diagonal row bottom right to top left
– First person to get diagonal row top right to bottom left
– Four corner squares and the center square
– For a longer game go with two intersecting lines.
Trap for Young Players – Beware playing the game to cover the whole board. It takes way too long and the chances of an error are very high. In this case a quick game is a good game.
- Caller reads a random number from a hundreds chart (included in download) and crosses it off.
- Students find the equivalent Roman numeral on their board and place a counter on it.
How to Win:
The first player to achieve the decided upon pattern and call out BINGO is the winner.
Hint – Assign a student to check if the card is correct and continue the next game to ensure continuity.
Roman Numerals Bingo Variations:
– play the game in pairs (this is my preference as the discussion is so valuable)
– give the initial numbers in the form of an algorithm eg 17 – 9 =
– In my experience students enjoy using fake Roman coins as counters in the game.